Thursday, August 14, 2008

Satisfied?

Show me!

Not to toot my own horn, but I receive a lot of positive feedback for my blogging enterprises. "Jessica, when are you going to update your blog"; "Jessica, your blog changed my life"; "Jessica, your blog is a ray of hope in an increasingly dark and terrifying world"--I could go on, but you get the idea. However, this positive feedback is almost exclusively verbal. And while I do enjoy replaying lavish praise in my head, occasionally I misplace a word or two, which tends to frustrate the process of retrieval. If only I had some type of visual affirmation--like, shall we say, in the form of more comments--I am certain that my blogging efforts would quadruple (or, erm, somewhat increase) in response to the encouragement. Or, it would just assuage my ego. Both desirable outcomes. Since I primarily exist off the positive feedback of others, comment on my blog and watch me salivate like Pavlov's dogs. We can use this entry as a test drive, if you like. You can even keep the image of me foaming at the mouth in your head as you do it...if you like.

So, I believe we all have what we want now. My readers got a new entry, and I got a desperate, groveling, borderline-despicable plea for more feedback. I have thrown myself at your, the discriminating reader's, mercy, sacrificing 94% (yes, 94) of my dignity in the process. If you don't comment now I'll really look like an idiot. And you wouldn't want that...right?

7 comments:

Allyson said...

Jessica,
Where in the world did you get your incredible writing ability? Please, please continue to post and I really, really hope you get loads of comments. You are smart, beautiful, talented, funny...shall I go on or is it too obvious this is coming from YOUR MOTHER! Love and miss ya sweetie!

Scott and Jennifer said...

Well, if commenting is all I have to do to be entertained, then comment I shall. I hope your Rwandan adventure has started off well. I will continue to read and envy your writing abilities!

Alex Smith said...

Oh dear jess, you KNOW that i always beg you for more...your mere words provide hope through the saddest of days. i have your blog link on my facebook for crying out loud so i can spread the amazing-ness to more people...what more dedication do you need?! i love reading about even the smallest details of your life...please feed my unusual obsession!!!

<3

Lee said...

by all means, keep blogging! I don't visit often, but when I do, I am just amazed and impressed! :)

Lucas said...

Dear Jessica,
Your blog has inspired me to get rebaptized.

THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY SOUL.

My soul also says, "thanks."

Jess said...

Thank you all.

Lucas wins.

Can u sing # 642 for me ? said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.