Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Five Stages of Grief/Teaching




1) Denial.
Example: blogging/Facebooking/Minesweeper-ing instead of planning for five classes/grading.

2) Anger.

Example: "How much am I getting paid to do this?"

3) Bargaining.

Example: "If I plan for four days, can't I just show a movie on Friday?"

4) Depression.

Example: "Excuse me, good sir, could you direct me towards the nearest cliff?"

5) Acceptance.

Example: "Maybe I won't be the next Ron Clark, but at least I won't be Mary Kay Letourneau."

8 comments:

Cady T said...

This is my favorite. No Mary Kay Letourneau in Kigali thank you!

Although one of your students could easily be mistaken for your dad or a mischievious uncle of some sort...

Allyson said...

Well sweetie, you've got 4 days under your belt and only one more this week - you'll make it! I don't want you to stop any of those things in your denial stage (except maybe playing mindsweeper) because we want to hear from you! Just keep it all under control - you're going to be great - I'm sure you're already great! But keep aiming for Ron Clark instead of MKL!

Love you loads and miss you tons!!
Mom

Lee said...

Oh, Jess.... hugs to you! I so feel your pain :)

Emily said...

It's really hard but it's Friday and Sunday's a' comin'!

You can do it. And just think, you made it through your senior symposium. You can do anything.

jenn said...

Jess. . .you are so funny.

Jess said...

I LOVE YOU JENN!

Scott and Jennifer said...

I don't know if you want to be Ron Clark though. Remember his stupid rule about Doritos and how he'd smash what could have very well been some kid's only food for the day?

I'd say to aim for that lady in Freedom Writers.

HearMeRoar said...

Bahh! I love it--your descriptions. Beautious. Keep on keepin' on my friend. And keep the blogs comin'. I misssss you!!