Saturday, December 20, 2008

An African Adventure of Faith

Well, well, well, Christmas break is upon us. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but after juggling around a million different possibilities and travel dates, Marissa and I are leaving for Kampala tomorrow at 6:30 AM. This is either the coolest or stupidest thing I've ever done. Our preparation is severely lacking, and I am praying that our funds don't run out. But...I am confident that God will provide for us what we need, when we need it. I am praying that He will put the right people in our path to tell us things we need to know, and keep us from people that would do us harm. I'm going to take this opportunity to shamelessly solicit your prayers. Pray that we are safe in some of the more dicey areas we will be, pray that we will have places to stay (as hostel booking hasn't really happened), pray that we can figure out how to get home from Tanzania (getting there is a thousand times easier than getting back), pray that we have enough money. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little stressed right now...but this will be a once in a lifetime adventure! I am hoping I can take this opportunity to just rely on God and see how He provides. And having your prayers behind us as we go would be incredibly comforting as well.

So. That's all for now...maybe for this year. If I don't have computer access, have a merry Christmas and happy New Year! blessings to all, and thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

Lee said...

you absolutely amaze me. Blessings and prayers to you this holiday season.